These are ridiculously good 😋 You’ll have lots of chili and queso left over for other yummy things this week or to freeze for easy nachos on another day! Recipe below is broken down into 3 parts: Salsa con Queso, Tortilla Chips and Chili. Vegan, GF, oil-free, refined-sugar free, nut-free, and even grain free if you get Siete tortillas!
Salsa Con Queso
- 3 cups Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, small dice
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces the same size at the potatoes
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and kept whole
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I use almond)
- 10 ounces chunky garden salsa
- Boil potatoes, carrot, onion and garlic in large pot until fork tender, then drain, about 10 mins.
- Add cooked veggies to a food processor with nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt and almond milk. Blend until completely smooth. Taste the sauce and adjust salt, as needed.
- Remove mixture from the blender and into a large mixing bowl. Fold in the salsa.
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers, diced
- 3 ribs Celery, diced
- 3 small Carrots, sliced
- 4 cup Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto beans, drained
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the onion, celery, and peppers to a large pot over Medium-High heat with ½ cup of Water. Cook until all water evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, spices and carrots to the pot. Sauté for a few minutes. Add a splash of water if things start to stick.
- Add the beans, crushed tomatoes and 1 cup of Filtered Water to the pot. Bring everything to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the pot and cook uncovered for 5-7 more minutes, until the carrots are tender and the chili reaches your desired thickness.
- 8 six inch corn tortillas or Siete tortillas for a great grain-free option
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sale
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Cut the tortillas into 4 equal pieces. Place the pieces on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Lightly Brush the top side of the tortilla pieces with the lime juice.
- Sprinkle half of the salt over the top, evenly spreading it out.
- Flip over and brush the other side. Sprinkle the rest of the salt over the top.
- Bake for 16-17 minutes or until they are crispy and just starting to brown.
Garnish with your favorite nacho toppings, and promptly devour!