by Desiree D’Amico, RDN
- Ditalini noodles no. 40
- 15 oz can of cannellini noodles
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 15oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 white onions
- 4 celery stalks
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, more to taste
- 1 TBSP italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flake
- Cut the white onions in half, take one of the halves and dice it up, leave the others as they are.
- Chop up the celery & garlic.
- Over medium/low heat add in oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes & garlic.
- Stir until fragrant, then add in the chopped celery & onion
- Saute until soft, ~3-4 minutes.
- Next, add the can of crushed tomatoes and the onions. Using the tomatoes’ can, fill it up 1/4 with water and add in. Bring to a slow boil.
- Add in 1/4 cup of parmesan and the drained can of cannellini beans, slow boil and add in more parmesan to taste.
- Preseason as preferred and cook on low for about an hour
- While this is simmering, heat up water and cook pasta per directions on box.
- Add pasta to bowl and top with soup, keep them separate when storing.