Wanna knock the socks off your Thanksgiving guests? Make & take these vegan CHOCOLATE-DIPPED MATCHA PISTACHIO COOKIES! I think a lot of people don’t realize how delicious vegan food is. You do not have to compromise flavor for healthy ingredients.
Prep: 5 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 12-15 cookies
- 1 ½ cup finely ground oat flour
- ½ cup cashew butter (only ingredient should be cashews)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp matcha powder
- More oat flour to roll dough as needed
- 9 ounce bag of Hu dark chocolate gems
- ¼ cup pistachios, crushed up
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wisk maple syrup, cashew butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl until smooth.
- Sift in oat flour, baking powder, matcha powder, and mix until a dough forms.
- If the dough is too sticky to easily roll in your hands, add a little more flour and mix well.
- Roll dough in balls about 1-inch thick. Place them on your cookie tray at least 2 inches apart from each other, and press down on each dough ball to make a rounded cookie shape about ½-inch thick. You can also use a fork to press the dough down and make lines on the top if you’d like. Sprinkle the top of each cookie with some crushed up pistachios, gently pressing them down just a little so the nuts stick in the dough.
- Bake for approximately 5-7min.
- Once the cookies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool on a rack COMPLETELY before chocolate dipping.
- Melt the Hu chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 60-second increments on high, stirring in between until chocolate is completely melted.
- Once the cookies have cooled, one at a time carefully dip each cookie into the melted chocolate until about ⅓ – ½ of each is covered. Place back on parchment paper and top with a few more sprinkles of crunched pistachio.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely before eating.